Factoring Admin Assistant (HRL/17)
Contract Type: Permanent
No of Positions available: One
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £24,508 – £27,714, Grade H4-H1 of the Albyn Group Pay Scale
Want to feel good about the work you do? We have an exciting opportunity to join our successful, expanding business. If you have the desire to join an enthusiastic, highly motivated and caring team, this could be the role you’ve been looking for!
As part of Albyn Housing Society Group, Highland Residential’s main purpose is to generate revenue streams and profit for reinvestment that combat the significant shortage of affordable homes faced by local communities across the Scottish Highlands.
It is an exciting time for the company, as the demand for housing has never been higher.
We remain committed to serving our customers, providing a range of property services where we can. This includes a Factoring Service to over 1,000 private owners and services on behalf of our biggest client, Albyn tenants, Affordable House sales services on behalf of Scottish Government and other Registered Social Landlords, and we provide a letting service for mid-market rent to customers on low to moderate incomes.
As a subsidiary of Albyn Housing Society Ltd, we share their core purpose and values:
To contribute to the access of social and affordable housing along with quality property management services within the Highlands
To deliver quality services that enhance the opportunities for people to access affordable housing.
We are a people-first organisation, and our values are embodied in our everyday working lives – we want someone to join us who shares and exhibits these values of:
About the Role
Your role will involve providing assistance with the day to day delivery and administration of factoring services to Highland Residential customers, in compliance to legislation and internal policy and procedures. Ensuring that the factored service provided is to the highest standard.
We are looking for a highly organised individual, who is willing and able to work on their own or as part of team.
- Ensuring tasks are delivered to the agreed standards.
- Providing clear and factual information to customers.
- Ensuring that accurate computerised and manual records are maintained for budgetary and
Accountability, Decision Making, Analytical Thinking, Problem Solving
- Ensuring that clear instructions are given to contractors.
- Ensuring that invoices are processed and charges added to the database correctly.
Complexity of Work and Mental Concentration:
- Managing a varied workload with regular interruptions, requiring flexibility and the ability to
- Ensuring customer requests and complaints are responded to courteously and sensitively
within the appropriate response time and policies.
Communication Skills, Representing the Organisation, Dealing with People, Direct Impact on
- Fostering good relationships with customers and keeping them fully appraised of the factoring
service and complaint resolution.
- Educated to Standard Grade or equivalent.
- Willingness to undertake continuous learning.
- Work or have experience of front-line telephone responses to customers, administration and working in a customer-focused environment.
- Experience of dealing with challenging situations with resilience, flexibility, and confidence in an appropriate manner.
- High standard of computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams and Outlook.
- Understand the requirements for the correct recording and control of client information and the ability to use and input data accurately to information systems and generate reports.
- A commitment to help achieve the Highland Residentials aims and objectives and interest in property.
- Demonstrates a professional approach and model behaviour to ensure customers and colleagues are valued and their needs are responded to appropriately.
- Calm, confident, caring, adaptable and professional manner.
- Possess a high standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communication, both written and verbal dependent on purpose and needs of the audience..
What we are Offering:
Our people are our greatest assets, and we offer an excellent package of staff benefits. These include:
- Competitive salary
- A generous annual leave entitlement
- Employee benefit discounts
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Access to an employee assistance program available 24/7 and an employee wellbeing Hub.
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible working hours
- Albyn Group sick pay scheme
- Car Allowance (If applicable to your post)
Interested in being considered for the role?
Candidates apply by submitting a completed application form or CV along with a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org to demonstrate your skills, experience and knowledge, which are relevant to the Person Specification and Job Description.
Application packs can be downloaded below or, to have this e-mailed, please contact email@example.com
For further information, please contact Zoe Bywater on 07712 140879.
The closing date for applications is 12noon, Thursday 7th December. Interview dates TBC.