Head of Highland Residential (Inverness) Ltd (HRI13)
Contract Type: Permanent
No of Positions available: 1
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £57,281 – £60,237 Grade C4-C1
As we approach our 50th birthday, Albyn Group has a fantastic opportunity to join our passionate and enthusiastic team.
We have many aspirations and ambitions to continually improve our services to our 3,700 customers, spread across 70 rural and urban communities in the Highlands. Our new vision and values will drive our strategic direction by ensuring we:
“Maintain and build quality homes, providing excellent customer service, and giving opportunities for people and communities to flourish.”
We are a people-first organisation, and our values are embodied in our everyday working lives – we want someone to join us who shares and exhibits these values of:
As we continue to recover from the pandemic and face the many and mounting current economic challenges, we are delivering and developing services in new and innovative ways.
We have a hybrid working model of ‘Hub, Home and Roam model”.
• ‘Hub’ means you can still see colleagues face-to-face.
• ‘Home’ is about how we have shown we can be productive and efficient when working remotely.
• ‘Roam’ is about offering community-based service delivery, meeting customers, and visiting them in their homes or local communities.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and organised individual to join the Albyn Housing Group.
The purpose of the Head of Highland Residential is to strategically develop, improve and manage the organisation’s service delivery across lettings, factoring and sales, with a focus on continuous improvement. To be ready as Head of Service, to seek and uptake business opportunities that contribute to the strategic objectives of the Albyn Group, providing benefit to the company and its users, contributing to the charitable and social aims and objectives of the Group. To identify, research and implement trading activities that meet group strategy and fall within the objectives of the Society and are in line with the Highland Residential Business Plan.
- Provide strategic leadership and management to the staff team, ensuring that a high quality and effective service is delivered
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and rules through delivery of the services of Highland Residential. Develop and manage the company operational staff structure in accordance with approved business plans and development needs. Develop, supervise and motivate the staff in accordance with business objectives
- Actively participate as a member of Albyn’s Operational Management team and as required, the Albyn Leadership team to provide effective and motivational leadership; being a positive promoter to drive continual improvement across the Albyn group, focusing on initiatives that provide greater alignment, harmonisation and opportunity for effective and efficient delivery of business
- Produce for review by the Group Chief Executive, the annual business plan and Annual Performance Report in accordance with the Group strategic objectives and approved Board strategy
- Implement and review the corporate strategies and policies required within Highland Residential and in compliance with relevant legislation
- Produce and maintain legal documents in accordance with approved business practices and in compliance with relevant legislation; to include tenders, contracts, leases and service agreements
- Prepare management papers and business reports. Attend, present and contribute at Highland Residential and AHS board meetings as required
- Conduct business development exploration across related sectors, through the understanding of user needs. Identify business opportunities across existing and new target user groups, strategic partners and geographic market sectors and prepare and present options appraisals for consideration by the Group Chief Executive and Highland Residential Board
- Manage the business relationship between Albyn and its subsidiary company to ensure correct governance and on-target delivery in line with relevant Service Level and Inter-Company agreements
- To maintain and further embed a customer-centred approach to service delivery throughout the organisation, working with colleagues to continuously improve processes, procedures and performance to deliver exemplary customer service to all internal and external customers and stakeholders
Business Improvement, Management, Expansion and Growth
- Your day-to-day activities will encompass the business improvement, expansion and growth of Highland Residential. You will monitor market trends, analyse business information and propose sound initiatives in business growth along with keeping abreast of the operational environment, to ensure the identification of business opportunities and/or threats.
- As and when required, you will lead or participate in improvement or development initiatives with a management framework and represent and promote the interests of the Albyn group at industry/business events and with strategic stakeholders and partners.
- Management of the subsidiary company, preparing business plans, developing growth strategies and oversee the operational delivery of existing and new commercial services, including market research and analysis, budget and target setting, financial forecasting and the development and review of standards through key performance indicators and measures.
- Keeping abreast of legislative changes that impact the subsidiary, assessing the effects on the business along with maintaining effective communications externally and across the Albyn group.
- The above is not exhaustive and is noted to provide an overall description of the role
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing budgets with real achievement in:
o Meeting or exceeding targets
o Excellent IT skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office software and previous experience of working with databases
o Effectively demonstrate your ability to communicate well/relate to others
o Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
o Adaptability and resilience
o Effective influencer with proven leadership skills
o Proven ability to motivate and support
o Dynamic, open, participative and supportive management style
o Proven ability to lead, inspire and empower
o A proven record of accomplishment of achievement at a senior level
o Experience in successfully managing target driven services and teams within a high performance culture
o Operational management experience of large-scale customer service contracts or similar, delivered through geographically spread and diverse teams
o Experience in managing, coaching and leading a team to drive success in a challenging and target driven environment
o Experience in establishing and maintaining productive relationships with partners and stakeholders
o Proven experience of driving continuous operational performance improvement
o Proven experience of meeting operational budgets and analysing trends and acting on adverse variances
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Hold (or ability to achieve) a recognised management qualification in Factoring and Lettings
What we are offering:
Albyn offers a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated and are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Employee benefit discounts
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Health and Wellbeing support service
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Albyn Housing Society sick pay scheme
- Car Allowance (If applicable to your post)
How to Apply:
Candidates apply by downloading and returning an application pack from the links below, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Full details on how to apply for the role will be forwarded to you by return email.
*Please be advised that application is by application form only and no CV’s will be considered.
For further information, please contact Andrew Martin on 07824 845 742 or email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Noon on Friday 1 September 2023. Initial interviews to take place on Wednesday 6 September 2023.