Mid Market Rent
Mid Market Rent Is a form of affordable housing that allows tenants to pay rent levels below the normal private market rent level in the local area, although rents are higher than what a tenant would normally expect to pay in social housing. Rent levels are usually set at around 85 – 100% per cent of the local housing allowance.
Further Info and Application process
Mid Market Rent is targeted at people on a low to moderate income and provides an alternative solution to people who are struggling to find affordable private rent properties.
Applicants are required to complete the application and return with the required enclosures. Submitting a completed application does not guarantee you an offer of a mid market rent property. Fully completed applications will be assessed on a first come first served basis, but priority will be given as per the below:
Priority will be give to applicants who are already a local authority/housing association tenants. Thereafter, priority will be given to:
- Those with the longest time spent on the Highland Housing Register
- Those without security of tenure in current accommodation
- Those living with friends or relatives
- Those living in private rented accommodation
- Those with no/low support needs or households where any support needs are being fully met at the time the tenancy is being offered.
Download the Mid Market Rent application form here. Post the completed application and supporting documentation to:
68 MacLennan Crescent
For further assistance please call us on 01463 701271 or email Lettings@highlandresidential.co.uk
Mid Market and private let homes are rented under a short assured tenancy agreement.
Landlord Accreditation Scotland: 201232729